June 23, 2010

Frag Doll Cadette Academy - Fall 2010

Is it that time already? It seems like just yesterday that I sent off my Spring 2010 application...I'm eager and pleased to announce that they have made a few changes to this Fall application, which is due at the latest on July 16th! Only three weeks to complete the following:

  1. Cover Letter
  2. Resume
  3. Gaming History (2 pages)
  4. Video Interview (3 minutes max)
  5. Photos (2)
For this Fall semster, and all other Cadette semesters, the Frag Dolls will be evaluating applicants based on their "Casting Call" criteria, and not the minimum requirements stated above. They estimate that they will select 20-25% of the top applicants (those who they see could one day become Frag Dolls) and place those girls in a random drawing for the final 12 chosen to be Cadettes. Needless to say, I'm extremely excited about this round, and I can't wait to submit my application :-)

I've also made some progress on my Video Blog...and by progress, I mean I've thought more about it, and figured out what (or more specifically "who's") camera I will use. I'm really trying to come up with some creative concepts for this Vblog - my only concern is the execution. I can day-dream all day long about how things can look and what should happen, but making this a reality will be much more difficult than I anticipate, I fear.

In light of this, I'll be pulling ideas and techniques learned through all my recent escapades dealing in film. I'm so thankful to know and work with such talented people in the area. Most recently I was commissioned to be a spokesperson for a nearby electronics company, and working with this production group, in particular, has provided me invaluable experience with technical film, special effects, and on-screen practice. Not to mention that I also completed two small independent films with their help (check out my earlier blog post about the 48 Hour Film Project, and click the link for the actual film!).

I'm also getting back into some other creative past times, most recent being a new Hip Hop dance class I signed up for (attended the first practice this evening!). I can't explain how thrilled I am to have found this class, and I'm already eager for next week's lesson...but, this is completely off-topic :-)

As always I'm open to ideas on what to do for video blog segments, both creative and technical gaming aspects. Give me an idea, and I'm sure I'll be able to work it into a video blog at some point.

Oh, and uh...I heard some big game convention happened recently...I think it's called E3, or something? Has anyone heard anything about this? ;-)


1 comment:

  1. From Myke...

    "His twitching stache/nose at minute 2 is probably my favorite part!"

    Yeah, he pretty much ad-libbed his entire part, 'stache movement, lines...everything! Glad you enjoyed the film :D

    ReplyDelete