February 18, 2010

Just a few more weeks...

Late last night I received my confirmation email from Phoenix of the Frag Dolls, saying they received all the parts of my application, they are complete, and that my name has been entered into the random drawing - YAY! I know I shouldn't get my hopes up....but WOW do I want to be accepted into this program. Dream come true - hell yes.

Fun side note - Barbie's new career is Computer Engineer! I definitely voted for this, and I'm glad it turned out! I like that she looks like she's straight out of the 80's in this link too.

Another fun fact - I'm officially getting Xbox Live! I've decided to suck it up and pay for Live, as well as a Wireless Adapter for my 360. I'm still looking for a cheap one, but I did go ahead and buy two headsets, a year subscription to Xbox Live Gold, and three new games: BioShock 2, Modern Warfare 2, and Mass Effect 2. I'm super excited...now if only I could not break the bank with this wireless adapter... :-) I'll post my Xbox Live name on here as soon as I'm set up and ready to game!

3 comments:

  1. If you're REALLY trying to save money, you could just use your laptop. Although I don't know if it'd be good enough to play games online with because I only use it to download things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, I could use my laptop now that I have a nice Asus gaming one :D But in terms of training for competitive gaming on the Xbox, I might as well go all-out and get Xbox Live.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I fail at being specific. I meant you can use your laptop to connect to Xbox Live instead of buying a wireless adapter. You just have to connect your Xbox to your laptop using the Ethernet cord they give you and then bridge the connections, or something. It's pretty simple and quick to do, but I could see it getting annoying if you'd play online a lot.

    If you're interested there are guides online on how to set it up. It's probably not a longterm solution for someone like you, but you could do it while you're waiting for the adapter.

    Or not. Now that I think about it the connection might not be good enough to play with other people, maybe a lot of lag. I'm not sure, but if you're waiting to buy the adapter and itching to play on Live then this might help. :)

    ReplyDelete